Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hey!! My name is Emily Herr and I am a Junior majoring in Health and Physical Education. I am from good ol' York, Pa. I am currently the Vice President of the National Honors Fraternity here on campus named Phi Sigma Pi.




My experiences with technology is defianetly improving as I get older and as the times are changing. I learned to type in High School and improved with the computers since then greatly. In the classrooms here at Lock Haven I had to adjust to Smart Boards as of at home we were still using white boards. In high school the teachers would use projectors and have their notes electronically placed up on the screen to easily write and copy down. I believe as the technology improves year after year our society becomes more aware and more technology friendly which will enhance education and improve the economy greatly.

I've noticed the elementary schools are now having students in grades 3-5 learn how to make a powerpoint presentation. What is going to happen next?!


I am very much so looking forward to this course. I would love to be more computer friendly and have more of an understanding on how to improve my work and dedication to technology. This is important going into the education field because of accomplishing the goals of the circulum successfully and to the best completion one can achieve through technology. I hope to become aware of problems that I could face down the road to further my education. I also would love to help others out as well with a problem they may face towards technology.

No comments: